Do you want to kickstart your career within technical research? DNV is starting a new trainee programme in 2023!
DNV is an assurance and risk management company and we work every day to safeguard life, property and the environment. Our strategic research unit, Group Research and Development (GRD) is a pool of nearly 100 talented researchers covering a wide range of selected topics of strategic importance to DNV. We do research within areas where DNV is large and well-known such as the Maritime and Energy sector, as well as the areas Digital Assurance, Ocean Space, Sustainable Food Systems & Supply Chains and Healthcare https://www.dnv.com/research/index.html).
GRD performs strategic and applied research for DNV focusing on knowledge development and technology demonstration through collaborations with academia and industry. We are active at conferences and collaborate closely with academia through our funded professors and supervision of students. We are a diverse group of researchers with different educational backgrounds, age and nationality. Our largest location is Norway (Oslo/Høvik and Trondheim), but we also have research units in the UK, Netherlands, China, Italy, Denmark and Spain.
DNV will in August 2023 start a new trainee program based in Group Research and Development, with close cooperation with the other DNV business areas and we look for candidates who are ready to join us from August 2023 at the latest. The focus areas for the 2023 trainee programme will be:
- Artificial Intelligence: Data-driven approaches to gain new insights from data, models and simulations. Our application areas cover maritime, energy, healthcare, ocean space and food supply chains
- Energy: Working with low-carbon solutions to support the energy transition, such as solar and wind, hydrogen, Carbon Capture & Storage and synthetic fuels
What to expect as a Research trainee:
- A 2 years’ trainee programme with 3 rotations (work periods) of 8 months each
- The rotations will be both within GRD and other business areas in DNV
- Our main office in Oslo/Høvik is the base for the programme, with at least one of the rotations being at a different location (abroad or in another office in Norway)
- A great opportunity to test how it is to work within applied research in a topic you are interested in, and also gain experience in other related areas and services
- The possibility to work with highly skilled scientists and engineers in different settings
- Upon successful completion of the trainee programme, you will be offered a relevant position within DNV – either in GRD or in a business area, depending on business needs and your preferences.
Vi er et globalt selskap innen kvalitetssikring og risikohåndtering med tilstedeværelse i over 100 land. Vårt formål er å sikre liv, verdier og miljøet. Med vår unike tekniske ekspertise og uavhengighet bistår vi våre kunder med å forbedre sikkerhet, effektivitet og bærekraft.
Enten vi godkjenner et nytt skipsdesign, optimerer energiproduksjonen fra en vindmøllepark, analyserer sensordata fra en gassrørledning eller sertifiserer verdikjeden til en matprodusent, hjelper vi våre kunder med å ta gode og riktige beslutninger og øke tilliten til virksomheten, produktene og tjenestene deres. Verden er i endring. Vi kan påvirke utviklingen. Sammen skal vi takle de globale utfordringene og omstillingene vi vil møte.
Søknadsfrist: 2. oktober 2022
Kontaktperson: Frank Børre Pedersen, Trude Cathrine Helgesen
Telefon: +4792207050, +4790082011