Do you want to solve tough challenges for the global energy industry?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
The Floaters and Marine Technology group in Front-End has shaped the Company's deliveries of floating installation over several decades. We have a strong footprint in the oil and gas industry being responsible for all aspects including design and analysis related to SEMI, FPSO, TLP and other hull designs. Our group is involved from the concept phase to the final product. Now, we are part of the important change to the renewable segment, focusing on aquaculture and floating wind. Based in Fornebu, our team is responsible for the design and analyses of floating installations including mooring and riser systems. The team consists of a group of highly qualified naval architects with a broad range of experience within marine technology.
Our Floaters and Marine Technology department in Fornebu is now looking for curious Engineers in Marine Technology.
As this is an entry-level engineering position, it's a great opportunity for graduates or candidates with a few years of experience, who want to gain, develop, and realize potential and knowledge within naval architecture, hydrodynamics, and slender structures.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to an innovative team in all project phases from concept to final design
- Be part of our transition into the renewable energy sector
- Work on floating projects within offshore wind, offshore fish farming, and O&G
- Involvement in marine design and analysis for various installations including mooring and riser systems
- Solve various technical challenges through complex hydrodynamic analysis in a fast-changing industry
- Collaborate with a highly experienced and qualified team within floaters and marine technology
- Work with the main clients within a wide energy sector
- Maintain and build knowledge and skills in the engineering area
We think you should have:
- Have a Higher Technical University degree (M.Sc. or higher) within Marine Technology (hydrodynamics)
- Have a few years of experience, but Graduates will also be considered
- Have an interest in and/or experience with one or more of the following software; SESAM, OrcaFlex, MATLAB, Python
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbally and in writing), Norwegian is considered a plus
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic and a proactive and positive attitude
- You are efficient and structured in your way of working in combination with a service- and solution-oriented approach
- You are curious and have an open mind when it comes to understanding customer needs
- You are adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen
- Immediate proximity to public transport, restaurants and shopping
- Free gym membership at state-of the art training facilities
- Excellent health services provided by Aker Care
Interested? Contact us.
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter in English together with your Diploma and Transcript of Records when applying online.
Please note that due to summer vacations, we will start interviewing candidates in August.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Katalin Hideg, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Email: email@example.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
Om Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.