PGS - Naval Architect
PGS is an international company with offices in 14 countries. We support the offshore energy industry, with a range of integrated geophysical services to help find and develop renewable resources, oil & gas, and sites for carbon storage. Talented people, advanced technology and big data operations are fundamental to our success.
PGS operates offshore worldwide. Our HQ is in Oslo, and our two largest locations outside of Norway are in London and Houston.
The company culture is friendly, open and respectful, built on Norwegian values – but the workforce and markets are international. It is a combination that has attracted the sharpest minds from more than 60 nations. Future focus is more important than tradition at PGS - we constantly look ahead, as we develop the technological solutions of tomorrow.
Our core values are built upon teamwork, and working together as dedicated, reliable, pioneers. A strong company culture and the opportunity to make a difference on supplying the world with energy today are important for us.
PGS employees take pride in the quality of their own and their team’s results. Hierarchies are small, doors are always open, and social activities occur on a regular basis.
Geoscience will be key to developing new energy solutions at industrial scale, helping the world to meet the need for reliable energy and our challenging net zero targets. Will you join us?
PGS is looking for a Naval Architect to join our Maritime & Special Projects team in Oslo, Norway.
This is an ideal role for a person with an analytical mindset with interests and skills within Ship Management.
In this role you will be part of our Operations department providing support for our offshore operations. You will also play a key role in driving improvement initiatives relating to digitalization, energy efficiency and maintenance in support of our strategic long term targets. Our Maritime & Special Projects team has diverse competencies, representing an excellent opportunity for the right person to develop a broad range of skills and competencies as a part of our team
- Assess and ensure implementation of technologies and initiatives relating to energy and operational efficiency
- Responsible for statutory emissions reporting, including identifying and/or developing tools
- Assist internal stakeholders and clients with regards to vessel’s technical capabilities, energy efficiency, emissions
- Lead or assist in maritime projects, including vessel alteration projects and vessel dockings
- Assist with maintenance management, including digitalization initiatives
- Assist with fuel management and procurement
- Vessel performance management, including identifying and/or developing relevant tools
- University degree in a relevant engineering discipline. Relevant experience may compensate for lacking formal education.
- Relevant experience e.g. from ship management, Class/Flag, ship design/engineering and/or ship technology supplier. Strong Graduates will also be considered.
- Sound knowledge of Class and Flag requirements and systematics
- Solid IT skills
- Good English communication skills, verbally and written. Ability to speak and write a Scandinavian language is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Experience with project management
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Solid and proven work co-ordination skills
- Travel will be a part of the position
- Flexible personality
Why work at PGS
- A dynamic and international working environment.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Development opportunities.
- High HSEQ focus and ambitions.
- Flexible and balanced working environment with a hybrid working model.
We support the search for affordable and sustainable energy for all. In collaboration with industry, society, and authorities, PGS advances marine subsurface knowledge for evolving energy needs. Together we can achieve a secure, sustainable energy future.
Søknadsfrist: 31. mars 2023
Kontaktperson: Lars Johan Mong