As a graduate at Equinor, you’ll be joining 20,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and deliver the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It’s one of the defining challenges of our time and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.
The programme lasts for 2-years and includes rotations of 3-12 months across functions, business areas or locations. Head over to our careers site for a more detailed overview of what you can expect if you join us.
Automation, Robotics and Cybernetics are important for safe control, monitoring of facilities, and for efficient operations and production in Equinor. By joining Equinor as a Graduate within these disciplines you will have the opportunity to:
- Accelerate the use of robots and drones within Equinor through software development, technology qualification, implementation, simulation, testing, and integration of robotic solutions.
- Follow up automation and process development in the major Equinor projects within renewables, oil&gas and low carbon, all the way from early phase to start-up.
- Contribute to the digital future of Equinor towards remotely operated and more autonomous facilities, including use of AI&machine learning, advanced control and optimization, robotics and drones, predictive maintenance, and execution of digitalization projects.
- Work closely with multidiscipline teams, gain insight into other engineering disciplines, be proactive towards the possibilities enabled by automation and digitalization, gain increased understanding of cyber security and network design.
- Provide technical support for operation, maintenance and modifications of our offshore and onshore plants in Norway and abroad.
- Participate in technology research and development, and implement the results at our plants.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Master’s degree or PhD with strong academic record within Engineering Cybernetics, Automation, Mechatronics and Robotics.
- No more than two years of relevant fulltime work experience.
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language.
- Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage.
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and attributes we look for include:
- An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
- Good communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
- The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
- Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including candidates with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, then please make this clear in your application and our team will be happy to support you.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
- CV/ resume in English.
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) in English or Scandinavian language obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Graduate roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
Our purpose is to turn natural resources into energy for people, and progress for society.
We’re Equinor, a broad energy company with more than 21,000 colleagues committed to providing affordable energy for societies worldwide and taking a leading role in the energy transition. We’re on a journey to net zero emissions through optimising our oil and gas portfolio, accelerating growth in renewables and pioneering developments in carbon capture and hydrogen.