Statutes of NTHS
Regulations of NTHS as approved by the board of the 66th NTHS congress hosted by Nul-Kryds, Denmark in 2013
§1. The name of the association is "NORDENS TEKNISKA HÖGSKOLORS SKEPPSBYGGARE".
§2. The members of the association are composed of students from the following universities:
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU), Copenhagen
- Chalmers Tekniska Högskola (CTH), Gothenburg
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan (KTH), Stockholm
- Norges Tekniske Naturvitenskaplige Universitet (NTNU), Trondheim
- Helsinki University of Technology (HUT), Helsinki
§3. The purpose of the association is to improve the contacts between the members and to act as a provider of knowledge in ship building in the Nordic countries.
§4. The board of the association consists of 10 members. Two from each delegation, chosen by student unions.
§5. The congress
- Every year a congress is to be arranged in one of the four Nordic countries. Each university hosts the congress every fifth year.
- Each university is allowed a delegation of ten participants. The host university may allow more participants if desired.
- The congress must comprise of:
- Presentations followed by discussion and excursions to laboratorys, shipyards and other industrial enterprises.
- A board meeting with the board and the next chairmen from each university. The following issues will be on the agenda:
- Election of the president for the following year
- Determination of time and place for the next congress
- Probable changes in the rules
- Invitations must be sent no later than two months prior to the congress. A preliminary schedule should be attached.
§6. The official language of the congress is English.
§7. A member fee cannot be demanded. To cover costs for the congress it is however possible to collect a participant fee. The association may not take on economic responsibility.
§8. When electing a new chairman at one of the universities the other universities should be informed as soon as possible. The latter also applies for changes in names, addresses and/or telephone numbers.